Standard Chartered Bank – Leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East
Malaysia’s first bank
Standard Chartered Bank in Malaysia, a member of the Standard Chartered Group was established in Malaysia in 1875 when its first branch opened for business at Downing Street, Penang.
The Bank was locally incorporated as Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad on 29 February 1984. Its local board of directors is chaired by Tan Sri Dato’ Mohd Sheriff Mohd Kassim. As Malaysia’s first bank with over 130 years of history, Standard Chartered employs more than 5,000 employees within its Malaysian operations which covers more than 30 branches across the country, a global shared service centre, a wholly owned subsidiary - Price Solutions which markets its retail financial products, an offshore facility in Labuan and a head office located at Menara Standard Chartered, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.
Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad, the Bank’s Islamic Banking subsidiary was established in November 2008. It offers a comprehensive range of Shariah-compliant products and services to individuals and corporates through its first Saadiq financial centre (branch) located in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.
Leading the way
Standard Chartered leads the way through product innovation, consistent and strong growth performance and sustainability initiatives. It provides a comprehensive range of financial products and services including retail, Islamic and wholesale banking for individuals, small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as corporate and institutions.
Over the years, the Bank has pioneered many firsts in Malaysia including:
- The first international bank to set up an Islamic Banking arm (1993) and the first to launch several Islamic products such as the Murabahah program (2005), Profit Rate Swap (IPRS), Cross Currency Swap (ICCS) and Wiqa Forward Rate deal in 2006, Islamic Trade and Supply Chain proposition and TRAIn-I (Total Return Alternative Investments) in 2007 under its Islamic Banking brand, Standard Chartered Saadiq.
- In retail banking, industry defining products included MortgageOne Optimizer, Business$aver Current Account, and Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card.
- The first bank to establish a global hub for its banking operations. Scope International KL today provides support to the Group’s operations in up to 70 countries and houses the country’s biggest software development centre.
Awards and Achievements
- Gold recognition for HR Excellence by the Malaysian Institute of Human Resources (MIHRM) in Malaysia HR Awards 2008/09
- Standard Chartered Saadiq won ‘Best International Islamic Bank’ for 2009 by Euromoney
- Blueprint Award for Outstanding Deal of The Year at the RAM League Awards 2009 - for the collaboration with Gulf Investment Corp in issuing RM1 billion of fixed-rated bonds
- Industry Recognition Award at the RAM League Awards 2009
- Top prize - “Long Term Excellence in EU-Malaysian Trade/ Investment” in Europa Awards 2009 by The European Union Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EU-MCCI)
- Best Regional Retail Business in Asia at The Asian Banker’s Excellence in Retail Financial Services 2008
- Brand Laureate Heritage Award for Brand Excellence 2008
- No 1 Top Bookrunner of Malaysian Syndicated Loans in 2007 by IFR Asia
- No 2 Top Lead Manager for Conventional Bonds Issue Value 2007 by Malaysian Rating Corporation Berhad
- SME Sahabat (Small Medium Entreprises) Award for 4 consecutive years for significant contribution to promote and develop SMEs in Malaysia since 2005
- The Asian Banker Award for achievement in cash management in 2007
Privacy of Customer Information
We will not collect any personal information about you unless you have chosen to give it to us. Please do not give it to us if you do not want it collected. We may use information we have collected about you for improving customer service, and to respond to your queries. We may store some information on your own hard disk ('a cookie'). This helps us match this site to your preferences. You can choose to accept or delete cookies. Deleting them may mean this site will not work properly. When you speak to us on the phone, some calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.